Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

Is it possible to find out if someone in California has a

Is it possible to find out if someone in California has a restraining order issued against them?

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you for your patience. The answer to your question is yes. A restraining order is entered into the court system just like any other judgment. Therefore, if a person wants to search, then they need to go to the website of the court in the county where they would like to find out that information and search for their name. If they can’t do that, they can also go down to the courthouse themselves and ask the court clerk on the first floor to run a search to see if there is a restraining order against them. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.