My former day trader took $10,000 out of my Chase checking…

Customer Question
My former day trader...

My former day trader took $10,000 out of my Chase checking account without my authorization and Chase fraud department has refused to do anything about it. This day trader company also stole approximately $300K of my life savings and would not give back my own investment even though it hit 454K in earnings. I have skype and text and email messages from the company Bloombex

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in California the day trader company is overseas and I opened my Chase account also in California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have filed and reported it to Chase and they refuse to accept any wrongdoing of allowing the $10,000 taken out of my account without my authorization. Regarding the big money no pro bono lawyer will touch it. It was all of my life savings..so bad it made me go homeless and in debt

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I can call and talk after 12:30 PST seeing I am in the office right now and my employes would not appreciate it taking up her time. And here I thought micro management did not exist anymore or at least with me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/7/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you very much for your patience with this. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. There are a couple of things that you will want to consider here. If your day trader took this money out and did not have the authorization to do so, then you may want to refer this to your local district attorney. The reason is because the day trader may be convicted of a theft charge for taking this action. Also, if the trader is licensed by the SEC, then the SEC may impose additional penalties on this individual, including a suspension and a revocation of their license. Finally, you may also have a cause of action for conversion as a civil lawsuit. Conversion means that a person has exhibited substantial dominion and control over your property without your consent. In this case, you may be able to sue him even if he is prosecuted criminally.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.