Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What are the requirements oral contract? Idaho, no this is a…

Customer Question
What are the requirements...

What are the requirements oral contract?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No this is a farm lease that has erxpired the tenant won't vacate the property. we meat with our laywers and started discussing a new least he wanted a 10 year lease with 10 year option I said no to the option and said only 10 years. the meeting ended with no contract. latter I saw the tenant at a grocery store and told him to vacate my property, he said he is going to sue me because we have an oral contract for 10 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There are water rights problems with the tenant he comingles my water rights with his and waters more ground than both rights allowed share a single point of diversion witch is on my ground I own 93 percent for my well he owns 7 percent My farther gave 75 acres to his brother witch sold it to the current tenant I own 280 acres inherited from my father.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
9/7/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Michael Bradley

an oral contract requires an agreement by both parties

I would argue that there was no contract only a negotiation that did not result in contract

you stated 10 years and he wanted 10 + 10

in my opinion, no contract

If he will not leave and the lease is expired then give him notice to vacate and then start eviction process

confirm with your attorney that no contract was reached

from what you have said No contact in my opinion

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer