Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was set up and robbed by my waiter or waiters at the

Customer Question

i was set up and robbed by my waiter or waiters at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Rome last week. The hotel security admitted they saw the man leave with my Louis Vuitton backpack which contained my passports and childrens passports and valuables.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: hotel manager and security admitted to seeing a man leave hotel with my backpack full of my valuables and passports but is not admitting it was taken by one of the waiters and handed off to this man. i was on the way to the airport. that is why all valuables were with me. i was set up by my waiters. we stayed at the hotel for a week left for sicily then checked back in. they knew me and kept asking me where my husband is on the second part of trip. he flew home early with my youngest daughter. i was there with our other two children. the waiters took off my chair. caused a diversion. we know what time the man left with backpack and have a picture of our food that my daughter took minutes before on her phone when four waiters delivered our food and caused a diversion. we never left our seats. there was no man that was in dining room. only people around me were the waiters. we were abused by police in rome. we have that on film. we were in police station till 3am
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: went to the embassy to get new passports to leave country and reported everything to the rome police that evening. was in police station with my children until 3am
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was set up by waiters. hotel claiming that they have no cameras on my dining table but saw film of man enter hotel without my backpack and leave with it minutes later. waiters called him in to do the hand off. police were abusive and frightening. traumatizing experience.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to sue the Waldorf Astoria Hilton corp for negligence of security? Or what do you suggest

Thank you for the information.

If the hotel has not been cooperative, then you can file lawsuit against the hotel for your damages. You can sue the hotel at the Courthouse in the State where the hotel is located in the United States. You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,