Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had entered into a loan process for a time share & was

Customer Question

Hi, I had entered into a loan process for a time share & was told I had until the end of October to finalize my decision, as I was unemployed at the time & trying to start 2 different businesses at the time. I had just started receiving unemployment & they knew this. I called before the end of October & they said it was too late they had already put it through, despite what they said. I looked them up & apparently, they have an established habit of doing this.
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: I was pressured to sign at the time, stating that I had been given the guarantee verbally that I had until the end of October. I have looked at the contract since & it is very dense legal jargon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I did consult with Time Share Exit Team, but they told me this is common. I have contacted the Attorney General's office of both New York & PA, the CFPB, the FTC & the BBB & they all keep bouncing the ball back into the other's court. I spoke to a friend in NY who is a Real Estate Agent who said what they did was illegal, especially since they knew I was unemployed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have it as a negative on my credit report & they have scaled back on the harassing phone calls, but they were pretty vigorous in the beginning
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,