Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need help cancelling cash home purchase contract w/Mattamy

Customer Question

I need help cancelling cash home purchase contract w/Mattamy homes, ached for EOM Sep 2017
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Fl
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Yes, contracts?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
what can I answer for you?
Why do you want to cancel?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Actually, it's 2 homes, $250k/ea, $500k is all my savings. Age 66 now retired, feel better w/cash on hand. Just came out of selling 2 homes & made hasty decision to buy 2 more. Bad decision now that I'm not working
You can cancel if seller misled or agree or contract has a cancellation clause. If you didn't close you don't need to and the risk is losing deposit. If seller misled or contract permits, You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. Local counsel can also negotiate. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't mind losing deposit but Mattamy homes won't let me out. What do I do?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You mention, if you didn't close, you don't need to...you lose deposit' How can I do this?
The seller cannot force you to close. It would retain the deposit and find a new buyer.

Is the reply acceptable?