Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I RENTED A ROOM FROM A FAMILY FRIEND FOR MY DAUGHTER 18YRS

Customer Question

OKAY I RENTED A ROOM FROM A FAMILY FRIEND FOR MY DAUGHTER 18YRS OLD CLOSE TO HER HIGH SCHOOL...AND THE LAND LORD ENTERS INTO HER ROOM WITHOUT PERMISSION.. AND ACCUSING MY DAUGHTER OF SOME VERY BAD THINGS...WHEN I SPOKE TO HER (LAND LADY)...WHAT SHOULD I DO ... MY DAUGHTER DONT HAVE BAD FRIENDS ...NO DRUGS NO NO NADA...SHE SPEND ALL HER TIME WITH ME AFTER SCHOO EVERYDAY...INVASION OF MY DAUGHTER PRIVACY,,,PISSES ME OFF...LAND LADY CLAIMS THAT MY DAUGHTER DONT SHOWER FOR MONTHS...SO LIE....AND MY DAUGHTER SMELLS...WHAT SHOULD DO TO TAKE ACTION ...I AM NOT HAPPY ...NOW MY DAUGHTER IS VERY SAD AND SCARED ...I AM NOT A OWNER OF A HOME
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: SYLMAR CITY CALIFORNIA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO IT HAPPEN TODAY..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: WEL MY DAUGHTER SAID THAT THEY TOLD HER THEY HAVE CAMERAS IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE...SECRET CAMERAS AND AT THE BACK OF TH HOUSE LAND LORD RENTED ROOM TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS...RENT IS SO HIGH ...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

.

Your daughter is 18 correct?

.

Was daughter in the room when landlord entered?

.

Is there a written fixed term lease?

.

.

thanks