My wife is in a nursing home. Is there any way to shelter…

Customer Question
My wife is in a...
My wife is in a nursing home. Is there any way to shelter money through divorce or legal allocation
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes you can file for divorce.Any property awarded to you then is your separate property is yours and medicaid cannot touch it.This is very common in such a situation to try and salvage something before medicaid takes it all.You will need a local family lawyer to file here, the sooner the better.

I know it is hard but its very possible and the best remedy to your situation to save some assets from the state getting them all.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Sorry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Lawyer referral for family lawyer to file for divorce

Lawyer Referral Services