Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A friends fiancé was recently diagnosed with Legionnaires

Customer Question

A friends fiancé was recently diagnosed with Legionnaires Disease. They recently purchased & moved into a home upon which she became sick with what they thought was the flu. Long story short, she spent 3 weeks on life support 1 of which was trying to figure out what was attacking her body. They decided to do air & water samples on their home. Air samples were fine but water samples came back EXTREMELY positive for L. pneumophila, serogroup 1!! There is NO way they can replace the plumbing. Not only do they have astronomical medical bills, they also did a ton of cosmetic renovations prior to moving in. Is there a "Lemon Law" on homes in Georgia??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 1 month ago.
Homes are subject to claims against seller for fraud and misleading buyer. In such situation and on review of your facts, you have a good case. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she can sue the realtor/realty company for misleading her?
but I would first try to settle out of court through a lawyer. Good luck! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do we do to get the realtor/realty company to just pay for medical bills & replace all plumbing? They really do love the house.
Have a lawyer send a letter and threaten litigation and invite a discussion for resolution. Is my reply clearer and acceptable?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What type of lawyer do you recommend? Sorry for all the questions but they are truly homeless. She will be going to a rehab facility to strengthen her muscles & learn basic functions all over again. Meanwhile, her son is staying with another friend so as not to disrupt his school routine. The rehab will eventually be on an outpatient basis. Could we ask that the realty company set them up in another home if they agree to pay medical bills & replace plumbing?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are there any cases on record of this happening that we could reference?
Civil litigation. tjey can try to settle for other housing. Normally each question is separately rated. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What about any cases like this on record for reference?
On hiring a lawyer can conduct an investigation of similar cases. It would not change options to settle or sue.
Good luck! Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

awaiting your reply, thank you.