Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

If your husband of 48 yrs buys a home and does not put my

Customer Question

If your husband of 48 yrs buys a home and does not put my name on the deed do I loose all rights if we decide to call it quits or is it a smart thing to do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pottstown PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no not yet but wants to make settlement and stated my name can be added on later.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What are my rights
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Good evening. Whether or not he puts your name on the deed, if he purchases this property during your marriage, it's marital property and you own 1/2 of it. So, it you decide to call it quits, it's going to be considered part of your marital estate and it will be divisible upon divorce.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!