How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2183
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Last January I started paying for a car from the son whos

Customer Question

Last January I started paying for a car from the son whos mother had died. The car was in her hame. I tried to register it twice. The MVP said he had to get the car registered in his name so he could get a title for the car. I have heard every excuse in the book and I still am waiting for the title. I have the car sitting in my driveway. My girl friend who is related by marriage said she gave him 1200 dollars for the car. I have given her 200 dollars, and still owe her 800 dollars. I stopped paying her until I get the title. I have been very patient but now enough is enough. She will not give me his number. I really want this resolved so i can get it registered. I don't know how to proceed.Is this something you can help me with?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Florida, 2001 Toyota RAV 4
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: It might be a 2000
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like what? The sons name is***** When he didn't get it taken care of his brother Eric Lemke said he would take care of it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry about your situation. I think based on the dollars involved it makes more sense for you to file a lawsuit in small claims court for breach of contract. He needs to either refund the money paid or transfer title.