Last January I started paying for a car from the son whos…

Customer Question
Last January I started...

Last January I started paying for a car from the son whos mother had died. The car was in her hame. I tried to register it twice. The MVP said he had to get the car registered in his name so he could get a title for the car. I have heard every excuse in the book and I still am waiting for the title. I have the car sitting in my driveway. My girl friend who is related by marriage said she gave him 1200 dollars for the car. I have given her 200 dollars, and still owe her 800 dollars. I stopped paying her until I get the title. I have been very patient but now enough is enough. She will not give me his number. I really want this resolved so i can get it registered. I don't know how to proceed.Is this something you can help me with?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Florida, 2001 Toyota RAV 4

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It might be a 2000

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like what? The sons name is***** When he didn't get it taken care of his brother Eric Lemke said he would take care of it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/7/2017
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry about your situation. I think based on the dollars involved it makes more sense for you to file a lawsuit in small claims court for breach of contract. He needs to either refund the money paid or transfer title.