Tiarra Sanders On 8/13 I was recently locked up for incident…

Customer Question
Hi my name is***** and...
Hi my name is***** and Tiarra Sanders
On 8/13 I was recently locked up for incident and I was released on 8/17. I went to get my property from Roxbury Court house and was told they didn't have. I went back to find out what happened and my property was given to someone else. My SS card and liscence , jewelry worth $2500 which I have receipts my car key for my girlfriend rental her credit cards. I been stressed out my belonging in the hands of someone else. Please direct me on what to do.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/7/2017
Lawyer: Van, Retired Judge replied 8 months ago
Van
Van, Retired Judge

Hi my name is ***** ***** I think I can assist you with this matter. As for your property that was taken from you there is generally an inventory list created at booking the jail and it is given to you upon release from jail. Where you provided the inventory list upon your release? If you have your sheet and the sheriff knows who they gave your property to I suggest you continue to bother the sheriff's office for your belongings.

However, your bigger issues is the loss of credit cards and your social security card. I strongly suggest that you sign up with a credit card fraud protection company such as "life lock", to make sure that no one is trying to open accounts in your name or your girlfriends name. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you. Good luck!

They never released my property to me instead gave all my belongings to person that was locked up on the same day and released. My property had my picture stapled to it. How can a breach of that sort happen. My name is***** the property was given to Christopher Nurse no one bothered to look at the picure. My jewelry which was expensive my car rental key which I had to replace and pay money couldn't go to work. They really inconvenient me in so many ways. I have spoken to the sheriffs office multiple times I feel they just see me as another lowlife and sweeping my stuff under the rug.
I don't at this time have $59 at this time trying recoop all the money I had to spend with the aggravation they are putting me thru.

I'm so sorry to hear about this horrible mix up. The only way you will be able to resolve this matter is contacting the person who you believe received your property or the Sheriff's office. I wish I had better advice for you on recovering your jewelry. However, I really think you should also focus on making sure that no one is attempting to open credit lines in your name. Having your identification and your social security card is a bad combination. If someone does attempt to open a credit line or use your identity in any way you may be able go after the Sheriff's office for being so negligent in giving your belongings to the wrong person. I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you. Good luck.

I hope that you are satisfied with the service that you received on yesterday. If you satisfied with my responses please don't forget to provide a positive rating for my services. Have a great day!

Van
Van
Van, Retired Judge