I have a real estate related question, in Apollo bEach

Customer Question
I have a real...

I have a real estate related question

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In Apollo bEach Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No but my contractor has put a lien and he is threatening to foreclose on me tomorrow

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was a fix and flip property that I bought. I live in Ca. and my contractor is acting up on me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/7/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Can you give me some more of the back story about what is going on?

.

What is your legal question I can help with?

.

.

thanks

I bought this property in Apollo Beach as a fixer upper. I hired a contractor Adam Consulting LLC
( a Husband and wife team) to fix it. everything was going fine until almost towards the end. ( almost at the pont when I told them that I am going to hire a local realtor. They wanted me to hire Wafa to sell the house) I made all payments on time, I paid them about 49,000.00 and the remaining amount is 10,000. I told them before I pay the last amount I need to make sure everything is done right. I need to send a home inspector to make sure everything is right. They refused to let any one in. My home inspector and the realtor were not allowed in the property. so I had to take flight and go there myself. I took a friend with me. We reached there at night and called a locksmith and got in. The property was in in bad shape. I mean some of the work was done but lots needed to be done, The finishes were awful. So I called them in the morning, they were really upset that we got in without their permission. Anyways they came and met us at the property. initially they were really riled up. They wanted us to pay the balance. But after some conversations, they started saying they have run out of money and became really sweet and what not. for some of the items they said that its not in the contract. They said pool is not written in the contract, landscaping is not written in the contract. even though we had agreed verbally to do this, I said ok I will pick up the expenses for the pool and the landscaping. Then they said they have run out of money for appliances, i said I want to finish it and get it over with I will pay for the appliances as long as they fix everything. They said ok give us a punch list and we will finish everything. They were totally sweet, dont worry we will take care of you. Even if you had paid everything, we would have still taken care of everything. So we came back thinking we have resolved everything. I did tell them that after they finish I will need 2 days to pay them since I will have to send a home inspector to make sure everything is ok.So on 9/5/ 2017 night, when I called them they told me the property will be ready by tomorrow and I should send the last last part by first thing tomorrow morning. I told them I need to send my home inspector. My home inspector was not available for the next day ( it is hurricane panic season over there).
They were going to be at the property between 3-7, for the appliances to be delivered. My realtor went in there during that time and they got completely upset. They were like, why did you send your realtor. we were expecting a home inspector. My realtor noticed that most of the stuff on the punch list was still not done. that is when Wafa picked up the phone and started yelling and screaming at me really loud. She used extremely threatening voice and language. I stared shaking and was worried about my realtor's safety. As per my realtor, they left the property really angry, saying they are going to start a foreclosure process on me. I am afraid they will come back and damage the property. I tried to reason with her and tell her that we should finish this more amicably, but she wants to go to court.

Ok, I have read all your comments about what has happened...

.

But I still don't see what question you are asking?

.

Do you have a copy of any lien filed, or did the contractor just say he is going to lien the property?

.

Do you have a copy of your written contract that states what they are to do and what the cost is?

.

And I am not sure what a "Wafa" is?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer