Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I spoken to the third party named Intergrated Services and

Customer Question

Hello. I spoken to the third party named Intergrated Services and they told me that a cease and desist letter won't do anything because my case is pending and they have exhausted. They also told me that a debt collector sent them my information. Is this true?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

No...that is not true. They're simply trying to intimidate you. If your case was pending, you would have been served. Since you've already communicated to them, I would now simply: i) send the letter to cease and desist; and ii) I would immediately contact the FTC and report the collection agency's violation of the Federal Act. Each violation is $1,000 fine. :)