Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I have a question about Apartment Rental's. California. 1.

Customer Question

I have a question about Apartment Rental's.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: California. 1. Can the owner/landloard demand that the monthly rental Must be paid in full or not at all? If a person gets in a bind and cannot pay the rental in full can the owner refuse any payment less that the full amount and if they do not get it start eviction proceedings.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am told that it has been filed but I do not have a copy of that yet that I can look at.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Basically what is the renters rights in this situation and how long do they have to make restitution under California law.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need. I am also happy to continue online.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

1. Can the owner/landlord demand that the monthly rental Must be paid in full or not at all?

A. Yes, the landlord can refuse to accept partial payment. If rent is not paid in full the landlord can give a 3 day notice and then commence eviction proceedings if not paid in full.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!