Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I have rentd a senior apt, every heavy rain my part of the

Customer Question

i have rentd a senior apt, every heavy rain my part of the yard floods , grass ground and over the walk. what if anything can I do
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: nc
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: they just said management knowsi
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can I do anything with the storm coming I don't know how much more rain is coming
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need. I am also happy to continue online.

If the landlord is refusing to maintain the premises in accordance with the terms of the lease then your remedy is to sue them for breach of the lease. If the claim does not exceed $10,000, as is likely, you can sue in small claims court. Small claims court is designed to be a "user friendly", simplified process, so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!