Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Where and how do i get an eviction on a person who is not on

Customer Question
where and how do...
where and how do i get an eviction on a person who is not on my lease and refuses to leave
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not as of now,going to try tommorrow
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not to go jail, she has threaten me
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago

There are several steps necessary to evict someone.

1. Provide written notice that the tenant must move out within 30 days.
  2. File an Eviction Notice with the general sessions court in the county where the property is located.
  3. There will be an eviction hearing.
  4. There is then a 10 day appeal period for the decision of the hearing.
  5. Once the appeal period has lapsed, you must file with general sessions court a Writ of Possession for the leased premises.
  6. At that point, you can request the assistance of the sheriff's office to have the tenant removed.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 2 months ago

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi