Second opinion] Is a legal agreement legal if not signed by…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Is a...

Second opinion] Is a legal agreement legal if not signed by all parties? Is their any kind of common signatory period that is recognized? If over 2 years can the agreement still be binding if not signed by all parties?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The parties involved are in Johannesburg, South Africa and Iowa.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge. I requested the fully executed agreements from the primary party and they sent me what they claim is the agreement but without all signatures.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

The requirements for a valid contract would include the acceptance of the terms by all of the parties to the contract. If all parties did not agree by signing the the contract the agreement is not fully executed and therefore not legally binding.

What type of contract is this as it may fall under the statute of frauds as well?

Statute of Frauds contracts required to be in writing:

Based on the period of time for the contract it exceeds the one year requirement. https://www.expertlaw.com/library/business/statute_of_frauds.html

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Do you have any additional questions for me? Did you still want a second opinion?