What is the statute of limitations on billing a patient for…

Customer Question
What is the statute...

What is the statute of limitations on billing a patient for medical services rendered? (I'm in California)

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I think they reported the "delinquent" bill to a collections agency

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Details: I was charged for a medical service by a physician's office. I paid the last bill approx 6 months after the services were rendered. Then, more than 6 months after that (ie, 13 months after the original services provided) they sent me another bill.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Contract based claims have a 4 year statute of limitations.

§337; Is my reply fast and acceptable?

I appreciate the reply. But, what do you mean by "contract-based claims"?

a claim for payment for medical services.

If my answer is acceptable and clearer kindly let me know.

would appreciate a 5 star rating.

awaiting your reply, thanks.

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.