How are youy, south carolina, no not yet, no

Customer Question
Hi how are youy ...

Hi how are youy

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

South carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your situation and question for us?

Ok so I have been living in my house since august 12 of last year, My husband was not living with me at the time because we were not together, Every since I have been living there the neighbors have been calling the police on me stating that loud noise, one time it was that a car was parked wrong, then another time where they stated that there were smelling marjuana which was out side and it could have been at anybody house. The Police came out and I spoke with La lutined at the police department and he stated that out of all the 6 times there were no police reports filed and that they wer false, meaning they were coming out there for nothing. So around March of this year Me and my husband decided to get together and workt hings out ,so we planned a cruise, he got his address changed to my address, but he wasnt not living with me still. I got a motorcycle in august 16 and I had it running outside and the neighbors called the police again and of course they came out and I was still not doing anything wrong. so then they said my husband was the problem so I call the property management in which i rent through and they said I have to add him on or he cant be there at all. I said ok thats fine SO I filled out an application paid the money ,well his background came back ( which is 15 years old) I mean he works a really good job and been on his job for 7 years now, but anyways they said he cant be there but I can stay and if he get caught there they will evict me

If you are legally married and have proof of that marriage, you need to provide that proof to the landlord and the landlord is not supposed to interfere in that marital contract. The landlord cannot legally keep your legal spouse from residing with you in the residence and if they do you can seek to sue for breach of lease and the landlord would have to either allow it or would be in breach of lease and you would be entitled to return of your security deposit and damages for having to move based on their refusal to allow your legal spouse to reside in the property with you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney