My ex boyfriend is trying to take my car back that he bought…

Customer Question
My ex boyfriend is...

My ex boyfriend is trying to take my car back that he bought me when we were together. I have the signed title but he refuses to sigh the application for title transfer and sent off for another title, claiming it was lost or stolen.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Texas 2013

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not that I'm aware of

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He only threatens to take the car when he's mad at me and I'm tired of it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Are both names on the title or only his?