Out apartment complex is advertised as a gated community,

Customer Question
Out apartment complex is...

Out apartment complex is advertised as a gated community, though it hasn't been gated for over two years. Our camping trailers are mandated to be parked in an area with no extra security other than a night light. They've been vandalized a number of times over the last two years, though the complex has done nothing to help protect them. When I moved my trailer under the parking awning where I could secure it to the supports they forced me to move it back and pay extra for the "RV storage space". Two nights ago my trailer was stolen. Can the complex be held liable knowing the repeated vandalism, the misadvertising and lack of security?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

We live in Utah. I do not know the owners. Their names are ***** ***** the management company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

We filed a police report. The policeman said to give the case number ***** the apartment manager. Jennifer, the manager, said she doesn't collect such things, and said, "Well, crime happens everywhere."

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, other than to repeat we are required to park our trailers in a designated area with no extra protection, and we have to pay extra for a parking space that has no extra protection simply because it's for RV parking.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2017
Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. What state are you located?