Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

Can you be forced to go to trail when you are truly innocent

Customer Question

Can you be forced to go to trail when you are truly innocent and over 70 on a misdemeanor
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: trial
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: a horrible rude public defender and God help I am a victim of two women hate and the charge is talking through MY living room window to one (I DID NOT) there was a lying injunction against me and one against her
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I must show up tomorrow and I was told it would NOT be dismissed because I was upset at firt hearing which was no hearing as the judge got mad because i ASKED what a waiver was and put me out of the courtroom and I was crying out in the hall so now I am a bad person this is in a hicky town in Apache Junction
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 month ago.

Dear Customer ,

This is attorney Bill offering assistance to you during this difficult time and criminal prosecution.

There is no waiver to a criminal charge based upon age.

Because the burden of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt if the prosecution is without sufficient evidence the trial won't proceed.

If the charges were brought maliciously or upon filing false criminal accusations you will be able to sue that person in civil court for malicious prosecution.

While your age is not something taken into consideration upon filing charges it can be later taken into consideration when it comes to a finding of guilt and sentencing, should that be the case as unlikely as you suggest it to be.

You should keep the court appearance tomorrow as failure to appear would result in the issue of a warrant for your arrest.

If you have a copy of the citation I can review this as an extra service, just let me know ?

We are here to help.

In return remember to rate positively.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

I'm not an employee of justanswer but rely on your positive feedback and rating to get a credit for my answer.

Thank You

Attorney Bill