Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Second opinion] What documents must be done in order to loan

Customer Question

Second opinion] What documents must be done in order to loan a family member 45K in one calendar year? What kind of proof is needed? My ex says her brother is loaning her 3k-4k a month, but there is no proof where the money is coming from other then "counter deposites" and checks she made out to heself, 12K.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you. Thank you for your patience as I review your question. In a moment I will either ask you for more information or post an answer to your question.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

A simple promissory note is all that is needed and would create a legal presumption for the source of the funds.

Here is a link to a PROMISSORY NOTE you can use as a template and modify for your purposes.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!