Second opinion] What documents must be done in order to loan…

Customer Question
Second opinion] What documents must...
Second opinion] What documents must be done in order to loan a family member 45K in one calendar year? What kind of proof is needed? My ex says her brother is loaning her 3k-4k a month, but there is no proof where the money is coming from other then "counter deposites" and checks she made out to heself, 12K.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Hello. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you. Thank you for your patience as I review your question. In a moment I will either ask you for more information or post an answer to your question.

A simple promissory note is all that is needed and would create a legal presumption for the source of the funds.

Here is a link to a PROMISSORY NOTE you can use as a template and modify for your purposes.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!