I was sent to collection because the home owner association…

Customer Question
I was sent to...

I was sent to collection because the home owner association fees was not paid. One of the reason is I did not get the bill and they do not have the right address. subsequently, the collection is charging ten times of the amount owed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The filed a notice of intent for a lien

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I filed a dispute and the collection waived $400 then withdraw because I was waiting for the date to meet and confer with HOA

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

How did they get the wrong address for you? Was this their mistake?

.

Have they gotten their attorney involved in the case to file a lien?

.

How long have you owned the property?

.

Have you had any issues paying the fees in the past?

.

One of the reason is I did not get the bill and they do not have the right address

.

What are the other reasons?

.

.

thanks