How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1057
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married a Brazilian a little over a year ago in Brazil.

This answer was rated:

I married a Brazilian a little over a year ago in Brazil. I'm a U.S. citizen. After living apart for over 2 years, the two of us have determined that we're not compatible. We have never actually lived together. What is the easiest way to get a divorce?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Virginia, but I just officially updated my state of residence (driver's license, etc.) in July of this year.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

was the marriage consummated?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I never thought about that. No, it wasn't, actually.

do you have an actual marriage certificate?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do. It's in Portuguese, but it's from Brazil and is very official.

In stead of divorce I think I would look into an annulment

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I will do that, then. Thank you for your help!

you are welcome

please rate my advice

while I do not do this for the ratings, my compensation is tied to the rating system

thank you

if ytou have any other questions feel free to ask

Michael Bradley and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you