I have cancelation insurance for flights from two insurance…

I have cancelation insurance...

I have cancelation insurance for flights from two insurance providers can I file a claim on both inurances

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I did file on the policy I bought from the airlines. I found out later that I could also claim the airline tickets on the policy I purchased for the trip.

9/1/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You can legally only collect ONE time for a claim. If you have two different policies you can collect only on one of them. If you file on both policies and they both pay that is considered insurance fraud as it is considered double dipping in that you received payment twice for same cancellation. The fraud is simply filing under two insurance policies when one policy is going to pay (if one policy denies coverage it is not illegal to file under the other policy) whether or not you ever collect on the claim or later withdraw one of the claims. So file on one, if they deny you, then you can file on the other, but you cannot file on both at the same time, you are entitled to only ONE reimbursement.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I am very satisfied with the response time and the help I received.

Thank you for your reply.