I am a disabled senior.My disability happened at the age of…

Customer Question
I am a disabled...

I am a disabled senior.My disability happened at the age of sixteen when my father allowed my alcoholic dwi mother to drive me in her car.My mother forced me to get out of her car at seventy miles an hour which caused me to have lifetime serious brain damage ptsd depression compound fracture to my ankle poverty homelessness joblessness etc.My father is worth a little under a million dollars. He has decided because I am disabled and stupid that he is not going to leave me anything.My father owns to houses one house is worth a million the other about one hundred thousand dollars. In the past twelve years I have had problems a crime problem a male committing domestic violence crimes against me which triggered my ptsd and caused me to lose my job and become homeless. My father has an empty house sitting in nh which he could of allowed me to stay in for a while.He knows a male is stalking me and hurting me.I need a lawyer to object to my fathers will and to sue for damages caused to my brain because of childhood neglect by my negligent parents. I can prove child abuse and head injury and compound fracture by my parents neglect lack of concern about my physical wellbeing and I want to force my father to help me financially otherwise I will be homeless to the day I die because of head injury caused by my parents neglect which I can prove.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The neglect was reported years ago when I was a child but no one advocated for me so I never sued because of law ignorance and brain injury lack of understanding the law. My father talks about his will I think he filed it but he never told me so and I never seen anything in the papers but Ilived in Maine. He filed in Massachusetts also he did not tell me he filed it because he knew I would object.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I am disabled and have been since the age of sixteen because of my parents neglect,homelessness,hospitalised,abused by males etc. I need a pro bono lawyer please

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/1/2017
Lawyer: FamilyAttorney, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
FamilyAttorney

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 37 years’ extensive experience in family law, trials, appeals, contracts, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute and type your answer. If I am not here for a few minutes, that means I am typing your answer. THIS IS NOT YOUR ANSWER YET so please allow me time to type it up for you. It may take a few minutes, so please understand that. Thanks!

If a request for a phone call comes in, it is from the site, not from me. I will be happy to have a phone call with you but only if you want it. If you would like to request a phone call, that’s fine too. There is no pressure and we can stay here if you’d like.

I'm so sorry to hear this. The whole situation is tragic. I'll do whatever I can to help you.

You mention three states -- NH, Mass and Maine. (I'm a lawyer living in ME).

It appears you would need a lawyer in Mass?

Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous expert left claiming you needed a MA attorney.

I reviewed your claims above and have some possible issues about what you are claiming and seeking to do, the major issue is that you do not have legal claims to your father's property and also the statute of limitations which is the amount of time passed since the incident causing you injury occurred.

Also, wills are not "filed" in MA until someone dies and probate is opened.

So we need to know specifically what you are seeking from us and what your specific question is for us?