Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was looking for a model of a motion to stop a foreclosure…

I was looking for...

I was looking for a model of a motion to stop a foreclosure after the person files for bankruptcy

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

This is in Puerto rico, but I'm just looking for basic wording for the motion. the bankruptcy petition will be filed tomorrow, and the foreclosure auction is scheduled for next Tuesday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

8/31/2017
Michael Bradley

have you filed for bankruptcy?

what chapter?

Petition will be filed tomorrow under chapter 13.

once that is filed and you get a case number ***** need to contact the mortgage attorney doing the foreclosure and give them your order of filing the chapter 13 and bankruptcy case number. Once they get that they will stop any foreclosure sale pending the bankruptcy

Thank you

you are welcome

please rate my advice

while I do not do this for the ratings, my compensation is tied to the rating system

thank you

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer