Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Small Claims, A Situation With A Person Dealing With The

Customer Question
Western Union, And A Investment...
Small Claims, A Situation With A Person Dealing With The Western Union, And A Investment Firm..
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: MD.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I Guess There Will Be More Questions, Just Want More information On What I Can Do..
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/29/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 3 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

What can I answer for you?

I Got In Touch With The Western Union They Said I Got Involved With A money a Money Flipping Scam Where The Person Trys To Give You 3or4 Times Your Unvestment They Traced My Records I Sent This Person The Money And They Disappeared. Second Question Involves In Investment Firm , Have Prof Of All Documents That They Originally Sent Me Even Credit Card And Email Notifications? The Only Thing I Made Copys Of My Card But The Corners Are A Little Off But You Can Still See 90% Of Info, If You Like Copies Sent I Wiil ,Thanks..
You should file police reports and see if fraud unit can reverse loss or otherwise cover. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
Ok You May Do So, Second Question What Can I Do About Getting A Refund From The Investment Firm Knowing They Know I Invested With Them And Have The Prof..And Documents..

You can pursue a complaint in several ways:

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.
If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!

Have a nice labor day weekend.

Kindly let me know if the answer is now acceptable, thank you.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney