Can I fire my divorce attorney? My attorney has received…

Can I fire my...

Can I fire my divorce attorney? My attorney has received $7000 since December the first. I didn't receive my first support check until July. He asked the court for $7000 from my ex-husband because I was unable to cover my legal fee's. The court ordered my ex pay $350. monthly. He has refused to move forward unless I paid him $1000. I did and told him I was broke and asked him if I could sell my house and split the proceeds now because I'm broke. His paralegal told me it was okay. I sold my house and he told me the money will go into a trust account and I can't touch it until the divorce is completed. The only time I've seen this attorney face to face was when I retained him and a short court appearance in April. When I call the paralegals I always promply receive bills never giving me answers. They refuse to give me a tme line or even an estimate on how much this will finally cost. I'm 71 I have high blood pressure and a personal income of $1400. My ex-husband is 64 currently working making $100,000.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have not spoken to another lawyer besides the one I retained.

8/26/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. You are entitled to fire your attorney at will for lack of confidence or for any reason. The retainer agreement should have set out your attorney's compensation and the amount owed to him per hour/ contract.

If you feel that your attorney owes you part of the retainer agreement or has failed to adequately provide the agreed services you're entitled to dispute his fee and request payment of all or part of the initial retainer.

lawyer client disputes should be submitted to the Californian Bar association lawyer fee dispute resolution:

You should request a resolution here:

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/Complaints-Claims/Fee-Disputes

In the meantime you can give your attorney written notice of the termination of his representation.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate positively.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

As I'm not an employee of justanswer, I rely on positive feedback to get a credit.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer