Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there a new law that will limit ownership of stock to…

Is there a new...

Is there a new law that will limit ownership of stock to those who have over $300,000 should the dollar crash?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just read something like this on the internet

8/25/2017
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

No, there is no such law. Where did you read this?

Actually my wife read it an indicated it was a new federal law.

But what is "it"? What website? That is, there's no law that says this, but it might be a misinterpretation of another law, so I'm trying to give you a better answer than simply "no, there is no law".

I am not sure, but I will check and see if she can resurrect the site. Thank you for your answer.

Sure. Again, there's no law (if there was, there would be many websites talking about it and decrying it, as well as consumer advocacy groups, lobbying groups, etc... talking about it).

Once you rate this answer, that will allow me to assist other customers, but you can still come back and ask follow up questions or give me more information, and I will assist you further.

Excellent response totally answered my question!

My pleasure.

If there's nothing else for the time being, please rate this answer on your screen.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

Can you see on your screen where you need to rate it? Note that you may need to press a "submit" button after clicking on the appropriate star rating. This is what I'm waiting on from you. Thanks!

ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney