If an organization sells an insurance policy thru them for…

If an organization sells...

If an organization sells an insurance policy thru them for an insurance company do they become an agent for the insurance company. If so do they have any obligation in your behalf.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, and I have been denied payment on policy

8/23/2017
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

The selling organization is an agent of the insurer. It owes an obligation to its principal/insurer and to the buyer/insured. The insurer may be held liable for any conduct of the selling organization under principal-agency theory. Kindly let me know if the answer is acceptable by replying "yes" or "acceptable"

thanks

very welcome

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney