Tina.... I need help with getting the DMV to remove my

Hi Tina... My name...

Hi Tina... My name is***** need help with getting the DMV to remove my driver's license suspension record removed from my profile. My driver's license was suspended in 2016 because of a wrong VIN no. entered in the data by the Ft. Lauderdale Nissan leasing agent where I leased my vehicle from. I did not know that my license was suspended until my purse was stolen and my driver's license along with my credit card - the whole purse was stolen from me and I went to DMV to get another license. That's when I found out that my license was suspended. DMV claims that they had sent the info to my address (my dad's apt.) where I lived at that time, but I had moved to another apt. since and I was never informed or I never received this information. Now this bad record is following me every time I apply for a job or try to get car insurance which is costing me a whole lot more because of this bad mark on my license profile. Progressive, my insurer said that they did not make this mistake so it had to be the leasing agent at Fort Lauderdale Nissan. I returned to USA after 17 yrs. of having lived in Canada and this is the first time I've leased a vehicle. I can't even find a job. I came here to take care of my ailing father and now my mother is sick too so I had to drive to Houston, TX and I can't drive now anymore as my insurance is going to run out on me. Can you please help me?

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

No it has gone to court yet and I don't even have the financial strength nor the emotional strength to deal with so much frustrations.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that currently I am in Houston and I don't have my own an address in Fort Lauderdale other than my dad's apt.

8/23/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the fact they mailed it to the last address you had with DMV and you had moved is not a legal excuse for you not receiving the information. Legally, FL DMV requires you to change your address within 30 days of moving. The fact you failed to do so absolves them from sending it to your other address.
As far as the suspension, if that was caused by an incorrect VIN number, you would need to apply to DMV for an administrative hearing and go before a hearing examiner and present the proof that the suspension was not through your fault and it was as a result of a typographical error on the VIN. The ONLY way to correct your DMV record though is through the administrative hearing process and appealing the suspension through DMV to seek to have it removed. Otherwise, there is no other way to do what you are seeking.
You can use an attorney in FL to file the appeal (since state law forbids all the attorneys on this site from representing anyone from this site) and you can get a traffic law or civil litigation attorney at the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or by calling the FL bar.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Very prompt and helpful.Thank you,Rohina J.

Thank you for your reply.