How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roy Hadavi Your Own Question
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 775
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roy Hadavi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I spoke with an attorney today. She was extremely rude and

This answer was rated:

I spoke with an attorney today. She was extremely rude and proceeded to talk down to me the entire time I was in her office. When I tried to explain reasons for my situation and monetary stance she said I couldn't afford defense and needed to defend myself. I believe she filed a motion of denial to my exs petition to lower child support. I don't understand what was happening because she talked so fast and kept insulting me.
If she filed a motion can I still hire another attorney and proceed forward with the general denial as we prepare? I had money set aside to hire her but she was so awful I wanted to cry.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response.

I am sorry to hear you were treated so poorly by an attorney. Our profession really does not need internal help in giving us a bad name. But not to worry, we are not all terrible.

You can absolutely hire another attorney. Attorneys are simply authorized representatives, we have no unauthorized party and our services can be cancelled at any time without penalty to the client. In addition, if she filed any motion without your consent and you wish to withdraw it, you can attempt to have the motion withdrawn.

Attorneys have no power to force you to use their services, our contracts can be terminated by the client at any time without penalty, and we cannot charge any type of cancellation fee.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did sign a receipt and one other paper I think but I don't remember I was so upset.
She did not give me a copy of anything but my receipt. I do want to deny the petition but wish to further get assistance from another attorney . Will the motion have to be refiled? She said pro se so I assumed she filed as me self representing which I was not there to do.

She did file it as though you are representing yourself.

Nothing you signed binds you to using her or hiring another attorney to represent you.

You can have the new attorney assist you in withdrawing the motion and refiling. You may also want to contact the court clerk in the mean time and let them know that you did not authorize the filing of the motion.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also where would I go to complain about her? To the BBB? Or certified board? What do you recommend? I would hate for this to have happened to anyone else

Click here to go to the Texas Bar Association page to view how to file a grievance with the Bar against this attorney.

Roy Hadavi and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.