Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am administrator of my mother's estate and after lots of

I am administrator of my...
I am administrator of my mother's estate and after lots of time and effort I got to the point where I filed my Petition for Final Distribution.I am scheduled for an Accounting Hearing in Los Angeles Superior Court, Probate Department 67.I have prepared and think I need to mail the Order Of Final Distribution along with my Proof of Service by Mail to the court. I have a couple question.
1. Is mailing the Order acceptable?
2. What else if any of this am I responsible for doing next?
8/22/2017
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, mailing the order is acceptable and you need to mail a copy to each of the beneficiaries, so they have notice and may file an objection if they choose to do so. If they do not object, then you appear in court and the court issues the final order and closes the case. You file a final tax return with the IRS for the decedent and mark it as FINAL RETURN and you make payment to the heirs after paying any taxes due. You should endeavor to get the tax accountant to prepare the final tax return as soon as you can now, so you can tell the court if any taxes are due and how much.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney