For a Name Change in TX, is a Class Misdemeanor 6 mo

Customer Question
For a Name Change...

For a Name Change in TX, is a Class B Misdemeanor 6 mo probation then dismissed impeding the process ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

TX, Obst of Hwy (6 mo prob then dismissed)

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No legalzoom they don't know for sure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/22/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

ok

Good afternoon. It is something that would need to be disclosed and a statement would need to be provided, explaining the situation and outcome. The Judge would likely want to hear from you about this and if the case was dismissed and you have no record and the charge was for obstruction of a highway, this should not prevent the Judge from approving the name change. You would likely be questioned about it and need to disclose it but the outcome (dismissal) and the charge itself, should not necessarily prevent this.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!