Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
66887675

When listing debt or cars, do I need to list anything that

When listing debt or cars, do I need to list anything that I've accrued after I separated from my spouse? His name isn't on any of it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is in regards ***** ***** my divorce. We share only one car that we do signed on for our daughter. Everything else was accrued after we split.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
co-signed

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Debts that are obtained post-separation are the responsibility of each party and would not be split during a divorce proceeding. As a result, there would be no need to disclose the debt to the court.

Here is a court case from Washington which supports that debt incurred after separation are presumed to be separate debt of the incurring spouse.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Great, that's very helpful. Thank you!