Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was threatened. Mi. Probably that's it

I was threatened JA: What state...
I was threatened
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: mi
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: probably that's it
8/22/2017
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Good evening and welcome. I am sorry that you were threatened. Did you have a question you would like to ask? How can I assist you?

Did you see my question?

I see what is written above. However, all you said was that you were threatened. There is no question and no explanation of what happened. I apologize if you posted more and it did not show up. Can you please let me know what's going on and what your specific question is?

Ohhh yeah I see you did lol. Yeah it was by the phone. Dude called me and said that he gonna send me to hospital.
That he gonna traumatize me.

Thank you for the additional information. So, as I am understanding it, someone threatened to hurt you by phone. What specifically is your legal question for me? Are you asking what you can do about this from a legal standpoint?

Conversation recorded on phone.

Thank you. Please let me know what your question is?

if i go to police what happened?

They will take a report, investigate, and may recommend to the district attorney that charges be pressed for making a threat of violence.

How much can people sue by case like this?

There would not typically be any civil lawsuit based on what you have described because there have been no actual damages suffered. What you describe could potentially give rise to criminal charges, but that is likely it.

How much can he face?

The law provides for up to 5 years of jail time, but obviously each case is different and there are a lot of unknown variables here.

The treat happened because 3 years ago he was abusing his wife and she publicly posted on Facebook it. I commented that he needs to see pshicologist. This Friday he calls with threat. Can he get domestic violence too

Yes, if it can be proven that I was violent toward his wife, he could be prosecuted for that as well.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I've been able to answer your questions.

it's unlikely to get any money from him?

Yes, it's unlikely and probably not possible at all because you have not suffered any actual losses, and the whole objective of civil lawsuits is to compensate for actual losses.

Again if there is anything more I can do for you just let me know.

Was there anything else I can do for you before we wrap up?

This is probably it.

Okay, I'm very glad I could help. If I have answered your questions this evening, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service (using the stars at the top of the page) so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Very best wishes.

LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer
LegalPro54
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer