Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

51 YEAR OLD FEMALE AND I HAVE A PERSONAL INJURY CASE. I WAS

I AM A 51 YEAR OLD FEMALE AND I HAVE A PERSONAL INJURY CASE. I WAS REAR ENDED BY A COMMERCIAL SEMI ON AN EXPRESSWAY ROUGHLY 11 MONTHS AGO. I'VE HAD REOCCURRING HEADACHES, EYE PAIN AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO DRIVE ON EXPRESSWAYS EVER SINCE. I HAVE ROUGHLY $21,000 IN MEDICAL EXPENSES TO DATE. I AM TRYING TO SETTLE THIS WITH THE TRUCKS INSURANCE COMPANY AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH TO ASK FOR CONSIDERING I WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR UBER'S AND TAXI'S FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD I HAVE PTSD. HOW MUCH SHOULD I ASK FOR?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: IT HAPPENED IN ILLINOIS AND I'M NOT SURE ON THE AGE OF THE TRUCK.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: AFTER THE ACCIDENT THE DRIVER CAME OUT AND SAID TO ME... "DO YOU KNOW WHY I HIT YOU? BECAUSE I HAVE NO BREAKS."
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE POLICE CAME TO THE SEEN, FILED A REPORT AND THE INSURANCE COMPANY HAS MADE CONTACT WITH ME.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

How about you ask for $100k.Thats a reaosnable place to start given your expenses pain and suffering and future medical.You want to start high and see what they say.Make sure if you have lost wages you add those in too.Understand here I am not sure the policy limits but this is probably pretty close.You may not get that much but you should ask for it and see where it goes.

I am so sorry that you have had to deal with this.I appreciate the chance to help and wish you the best.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
even with the fact that I can't drive on expressways anymore? You feel as if 100K is sufficient?

I think this is the most you are going to get with only $21k in medical.If you have documents from therapist or other doctors that you will never be able to drive that might increase it.But the future can be hard to predict.And honestly this is real close to the limits of their coverage probably.You can ask for more here but you need some kind of basis for that.If its permanent disability that might raise the value of the claim.

I am wondering here if you are continuing to have medical you may not want to settle.You may need a personal injury lawyer here because you may have to sue and let it pend while you complete therapy or other treatment.The more the medical the more the value of your claim here .

Time Limits on Filing an Illinois Injury Lawsuit. Illinois sets a time limit of two years on filing a personal injury lawsuit in the state's civil court system. This two-year time limit, known as a "statute of limitations," begins to run on the date of the accident in most cases.

Illinois Personal Injury Laws & Statutory Rules - AllLaw.com

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much! I'm rating you a 5 now.

No problem wish you the best here.

Stars are at top of page.

llinois Lawyer Finder  

Attorney referral service in Chicago, Illinois

Address: 20 S Clark St #900, Chicago, IL 60603

Hours:

Closed now

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>