Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am a Board member in an HOA. One of the members is rude to

me and the manager and...
I am a Board member in an HOA. One of the members is rude to me and the manager and to our contractors. There are 5 of us but there are 2 that are his friends.
They belong to a group together. They will not say anything to calm him down. What can I do as myself and the other member are embarrassed by his rudeness. He makes faces at public board meetings. It is still 3 against 2 on voting. What do we have to do legally to get him out, if we can?SW
8/20/2017
Michael Bradley

you can try to vote him out at the next election.

if he can not keep proper decorum then I would put in writing that the conduct should not be tolerated

I had to sign a confidentiality letter. I can't really spread the word in the community. I can put it in writing but who do I give it to? The other 2 are his friends so it would be a tie vote without his. Can I say I will tell the community why I want him gone, that means telling about him? We seem to be stuck unless I can write him up???

you would give it to the president of the HOA, or the solicitor if there is one but I doubt there is

I would question what the confidentiality covered, content of closed meetings, anything?

I would let them know that if you leave you will tell them why, if you leave the confidentiality would be over

I would at least do a paper trail

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer