Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

I did an original portrait of Elvis Presley and would like

I did an original portrait of Elvis Presley and would like to know if it is legal to make copies of that art and sell them.
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: I only have my original art - what do I need?
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just don't want to do anything illegal, but, as an Elvis fan myself, thought there would be a market for this product.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response.

The rights to use the likeness of Elvis Presley (including in original artwork) is currently held by Authentic Brands Group. In order to sell copies of the artwork you would have to contact the company and negotiate the purchase of a license to use his likeness for your artwork.

This is their website: http://authenticbrandsgroup.com/

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question