Is there a minimum amount of debt owed in order to file

Is there a minimum...

Is there a minimum amount of debt owed in order to file bankruptcy? What are the guidelines?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

I live in Wyoming and no nothing has been filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, nothing has been filed or reported but I am in way over my head in credit card debt and am on disability and can no longer make the minimum payments due.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/19/2017
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There is no minimum debt requirement to file for bankruptcy, there is only a maximum debt limit for Chapter 13 bankruptcy (roughly $1.5 million).

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
I owe approx. $5,000 in credit card debt, however I am disabled and have stopped receiving child support and other monies and only receive a little over $700. monthly. I can no longer afford to make the minimum monthly payments and am in way over my head. Is bankruptcy the way to go? Total monthly payments are close to $800. and I can only afford about $220.
Irwin Law
Phone call session started