Need assistance with a Joint power of attorney when the

Need assistance with a...

Need assistance with a Joint power of attorney when the Principal is in NC and one Attorney in fact is in NY the other is in FL. The JPOA was signed on the same day the principal was diagnosed as being in an "unspecified Psychotic state". The Principal would like it revoked and isn't sure how to go about it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Principal is in NC trying to revoke the powers of two attorney in facts that live in NY and FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to the Principals knowledge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes Principal was not allowed to read the JPOA and is now being given a copy of the JPOA. The principal signed half of it in NY then Attorneys mailed it and principal signed the other half in FL all while being diagnosed as a Psychotic state

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/17/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

She can sign and record a revocation of the POA.You would record this in the county deed records where she resides and send it to her banks anywhere else she does business.

STATE OF NORTHCAROLINA {

{REVOCATION OF POWER OF ATTORNEY

COUNTYOF {

KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, that I,

ofthe County and State hereinabove named, do hereby, REVOKE, ANNUL, and CANCEL thatcertain Power Of Attorney granted byme,as principal, to , as attorney-in-fact, which said Power Of Attorney wasconferred by me by instrument datedthe dayof in the year 20 , and dulyrecorded in the County Register of Deeds office, of North Carolina.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I havehereunto set my hand and seal this day of in the year

(seal)

STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA COUNTY OF

I, a Notary Public of said State and County aforesaid, do hereby certify that

Personally appeared before me this day, and (i) have personal knowledge of the identity of the principal, or (ii) I have seen satisfactory evidence of the principal identity,by current state or federal identification with the principal photograph in the form of a

,or (iii) a credible witness has sworn to the identity of the principal each acknowledging to me that he or she voluntarily signed the foregoing document for the purpose stated herein and in the capacity indicated.

Witness my hand and official seal or stamp, this the day of , in the year .

(seal or stamp)

Notary Public Official Signature

My commission expires:

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer
Thank you

Have a great evening.