Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

Need help finding out if I can use a specific business name

need help finding out if I can use a specific business name in California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response.

There are three steps to this process.

1. Check the California Secretary of State Kepler search to confirm that the name is ***** ***** used: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/
  2. Contact the California Secretary of State Trademark Division and check if it is a state registered mark: http://www.sos.ca.gov/business-programs/ts/
  3. Search the United States Patent and Trademark Office Trademark page to see if it is available: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4806:uxwt4g.1.1

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's not a response to the review I wrote...

Okay. I apologize, but I believed I was responding to your question. Can you clarify what your question is?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You didn't answer my question as it pertained to the statement I provided
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not paying an additional $50 just for you to answer my original question!

Again, I apologize if I misunderstood your question. There is no additional fee. I just need you to clarify your question so that I can better assist you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In my statement I wrote. I'd like to operate under the name "CoffeeCloud" for a coffee house. The name Coffee Cloud is being used by a coffee machine manufacturing company, but not by a coffee house......so we aren't exactly competitors. Can I use this name if no other coffee house uses it?

Oh. I responded to that question separately. I am the expert that provided the DBA answer. For some reason your question was accidentally split into two separate questions. Please contact customer support and have them refund you for this question. We can continue our conversation over on the separate chat window where I provided the information regarding the DBA.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
why would it be separate? I only typed one question! What a rip off!

It must have been a glitch in the system. I am not an operator for the website. I am a user just like you. However, rest assured the JustAnswer has a satisfaction guarantee refund. They would refund your double payment even if it was not a glitch in the system.

Are you able to see my response in the other chat window - re filing a DBA?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no...I'm not able to see your answer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
why can't you just answer the question?

Okay. I will repost here. Afterwards contact customer support and have them remove the second instance of the question so that you are only charged once.

The answer is yes. You can use the name. All you have to do is register for a fictitious business name (also known as a "DBA" or "doing business as") in the county in which you wish to operate your business.

This is a very simple, cheap and quick process.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or need anything clarified. There is no additional fee for asking any follow-up questions.

Again, I am sorry for the confusion and for the glitch in the system. As I mentioned, I am a user just like you and have no control over the system.

However, I hope that I can provide assistance to you through here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks A LOT! whew! I appreciate it...

You're very welcome.
Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.

Here is the link to the second instance of the question: http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/b861ff52872c4d7eabb3ce8c19d24145

Ask for a refund for that instance.