Seeking an attorney on contingency on complex defamation…

Customer Question
Seeking an attorney on...

Seeking an attorney on contingency on complex defamation and sexual

Lawyer's Assistant: What evidence is there regarding damages from the statement?

harassment case and slender

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Was falsely accused and being a gay man, also exposed publicly on non profit organization where theft was made and witness was with the perpetrator as I was false accused

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the facility went against me as I was their president I paid what treasurer stole

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
I was told by council to seek an attorney for slenderness and personal property being held, was publicly exposed as a fag as they call me my clients to slender my business and more.
8/13/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. The offer is not from me. While I am happy to speak to you, there is no obligation for you to accept the phone call offer, unless you want. I am also happy to continue online. So, there is no pressure to spend extra money.
You may have a claim to assert for defamation. Actually, you would start with a cease and desist letter to anyone making these false accusations.If this does not get a retraction, you will need to file suit for defamation. This cause of action is specifically for damage caused to one's reputation. To establish a prima facie case of defamation, four elements are generally required:1. a false statement purporting to be fact concerning another person or entity;2. publication or communication of that statement to a third person;3. fault on the part of the person making the statement amounting to intent or at least negligence (the person knew the statements were false or exhibited a knowing and reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the statements when making them); and,4. some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.
This involves complex litigation and it is strongly advised that you retain local counsel to assist you in protecting your rights before taking any action in court for this matter. Also, any cease and desist letter will carry more impact on attorney letterhead.If you need assistance in finding an attorney, contact your state or local bar association. You can also try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspxIt is a huge worldwide database of attorneys searchable by location and specialty.
If you want a contingency fee attorney use the Martindale link I provided and just call around.Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney