How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 984
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a nephew that I signed a co-loan for and he reneged

This answer was rated:

I have a nephew that I signed a co-loan for and he reneged on the deal. He was upset that he did not get any money from his grandmother's estate. There is no mention that he gets any money from his grandmother so he decided to make me pay for the loan. It is for $4000. If I bring him to small claims court to I have a chance to get him to pay me back.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No yet I am going to in the next week.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
From what you have stated, the only way to get any of the money back would be to file a small claims action against him. You can file a small claims action to get him to pay for the loan since the loan was for him and he received the financing and all you did was co-sign for it. As you have found out, you are responsible for that money as the cosigner and I am sure that you did not agree any of the benefits from the loan.
Michael Bradley and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you