Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

I have a nephew that I signed a co-loan for and he reneged

I have a nephew that I signed a co-loan for and he reneged on the deal. He was upset that he did not get any money from his grandmother's estate. There is no mention that he gets any money from his grandmother so he decided to make me pay for the loan. It is for $4000. If I bring him to small claims court to I have a chance to get him to pay me back.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No yet I am going to in the next week.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
From what you have stated, the only way to get any of the money back would be to file a small claims action against him. You can file a small claims action to get him to pay for the loan since the loan was for him and he received the financing and all you did was co-sign for it. As you have found out, you are responsible for that money as the cosigner and I am sure that you did not agree any of the benefits from the loan.