Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been given a summons and for protection order from my

uncle. 6 other family members...
I have been given a summons and for protection order from my uncle. 6 other family members have as well. No one has threatened him at any point. He harasses ppl cause he does get his way and is made at the family.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ks
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My uncle threatened me and said he was going to hit me with a baseball bate upside the head. Which I reported to the cops but didn't want to press charges. No one els heard him say it besides me. The next day he threatened my mom and said he's gunna put a bullet in her head. My aunt well heard him say that. Cops were called and made a report again. The reason we have not pressed charges is because my grandfather just passed away and we didn't want more stress in the family. But now he lied and said all family memeber threatened him and filled a protection order for 6 of us.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/13/2017
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There should be a hearing in which the temporary protection order is either determined to be made a permanent protection order or the protection order is revoked by the judge. You and your other family members should be testifying about how the uncle is the one who is threatening everyone rather than other way around. With the testimony of your other family members, a judge should easily rule in your favor unless there is evidence from your uncle; however, this does not sound like it is the case.

That's how I see it going as well. Should I still get a lawyer?

If you can afford an attorney, then it is always better to get one to help you in court.

What type of lawyer should I get?

A criminal defense attorney should be well-versed enough to handle a protection order hearing.

Ok, thanks for the advice that's all the questions I had

You are welcome. Please remember to provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today!

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Michael Bradley
Phone call session started
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney