LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

We had my daughter's former fiancé live with us free of

We had my daughter's former fiancé live with us free of charge for 6 months. When they broke up last week he moved (after a big scene) back with a friend who doesn't want him. He is looking for a room to rent without much luck. We are afraid he might try making a claim on us that we had to legally evict him. He hasn't said anything but he's that type. We live in Florida.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: St. John's county. His mail is still coming here. Should we put "moved" on it so he can't say his mail is coming here? Or is that wrong? We don't know his friend's address and we don't want to stir things up by asking for it.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Just to be clear, he voluntarily left?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
last Saturday.

Thank you for the reply. If he voluntarily left, he really has no argument to make and if he tried to come back and allege you used self help to remove him, the burden would be on him, to show and support his claim. If someone voluntarily leaves, you do not have to go through the eviction process. As far as his mail, you can write on it returned to sender and that he has moved and place it back in the mailbox for the mailman to take. It is his responsibility since he vacated, to forward his mail.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.