290 union carpenter, I am looking for representation in a…

Customer Question
Hi, I am Local...

Hi, I am Local 290 union carpenter, I am looking for representation in a situation of employment discrimination based on favoritism in Union among members

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Suffolk county LI, New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I suspect at this point that I am not getting work from our hiring list system based on a long lasting poor relationship of my prior employer for 20 years who happens to be my brother.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I haven't worked for them in the last few years. I've only gotten jobs from out of state contractors which prohibits my from continuous employment.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/9/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Is this discrimination based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin?